Saturday, October 5, 2013

DTC-355 Cultivating Creativity

When reading the part of having an open mind and that artists are not just artist but are many other things, it really puts my mind at ease that an artist can be so much more than what a person sees in the piece of artwork displayed. I want to be an artist but I don't want to stop at just that. I have many interests that I would like to take on. These interest may benefit my range of creativity for my art. As far as the creative thinking process, I feel that I connect with some of these characteristics. I am very receptive to new ideas. I do listen more than I talk. As far as curiosity, I could do a better job at researching topics. My range of interest isn't too broad. I could definitely learn some things by  like I mentioned earlier, learning other things that I'm interested in. I am very attentive to my surroundings. When I go to a restaurant for an example, I always look up at the ceiling, the walls, flooring for details. I like to mentally dissect the place. I don't do much of connection seeking, at least I am not aware of it. As far as conviction, I am a creature of habit when it comes to food and daily routines, but as far as everything else like new products that come out, I all for it. I identify with a lot of what the complexity characteristic has to say. I put a lot of time into a work until I feel its done. I take in everything the world has for me to look at and see if I can project any part of it back through art. I usually have a healthy balance of work and play. School has disrupted that balance a bit, but not by much. I'm more of a safe-keeper than a risk-taker. I would like to balance that out a little more. I'm mostly an introvert. The passion with objectivity speaks true to me. I get obsessed with an idea for my art and I put lots of hours into it. But if it doesn't go in the direction I wanted to go, I just stop and rethink the idea and start all over again. I think I'm pretty good with time management, so I can manage well with deadlines. And lastly, I'm a modest person to begin with so any work that I do, I will always contribute the success to anybody that has helped in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment