Saturday, October 5, 2013
DTC- 356 Advertising and Consumer Cultures
The marketing industry has a difficult task at hand always trying to interpellate consumers with their products. It will always seem like a never ending process. Sounds like job security to me. Consumerism has come a long way to what it used to be. Its so interesting to see how the change of shopping for things in the past used to be only for goods that were of necessity not for pleasure or entertainment. Our society today has fulfilled their lives with shopping as pleasure. I will have to say that I shop for pleasure even if its for something that's of necessity. After a long week of work and study, I relax by getting out of the house and go into town and spend a couple hours shopping or simply "window shopping". I consider it to give me a mental break. With the visuals of art, exotic places, and the inclusion of images of our multicultural society in advertisements. Companies and their marketing strategies has done a very good job at attaching an attractive image that the consumer would like to find themselves indulging in. So because of all this advertising, they make shopping fun, people just have to know when to distinguish what is actually a good product and what is crap. I used consumer reports on high dollar investments, but with other inexpensive things I just go with my instincts and maybe some interpellating advertisements to coax me into buying their product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment