Sunday, September 8, 2013

DTC355- Stewart reading on pgs 54-66

I liked the examples discussed on pg.58 of the similarities of the two interior scenes but with two different landscapes giving two different emotions. If I were not to know where the locations of these painting were, the color composition of Andrew Wyeth, Wind from the Sea, makes me feel like its peaceful and relaxing. It feel like its perhaps the beginning of fall weather with the gray sky and breeze coming through the window. I too would have my windows open if it were cool and breezy.  Compared to Richard Diebenkorn, Interior with Book, This scene with the bright colors of blues, greens, and yellow indicates warmth and summer in the country with the fields in the background. This also gives me a feeling of relaxation with the book on the table and a glass of something summesque like lemonade. I see that color composition is very important when creating art. It helps guide the viewer to be a part of the picture or image and perhaps share the same feelings or experience that the artist is trying to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment